- Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 4:13 pm
It's day #4 of our self-proclaimed “Wedding Cocktail Hour Week.” We have been sharing themed wedding cocktail hour playlists selected by our Ambient DJ Music Mixologists. Each DJ has also selected a matching liquid refreshment to compliment the vibe of their playlist!
Gregg Hollmann, aka "DJ Gregg Ambient returns with an 80s-themed cocktail hour playlist. Gregg was in his formative school years during the 1980s, living and breathing this lost decade known for its distinctive sounds and fashions. One of his guilty pleasures is watching episodes of Miami Vice - over and over again. Gregg's selections below showcase the softer side of the era and a perfect atmospheric soundtrack for a cocktail hour. Reflecting a popular and gaudy drink of the times, he has selected the colorful Midori Sour as his signature cocktail! Midori is a brand of melon liqueur produced by Suntory of Japan. The sour mix balances out the sweet taste of the muskmelon-flavored liqueur. Random Fact- "midori" is the Japanese word for "green."
Put down your Rubik's cubes, and click through to view the playlist!
DJ Gregg Ambient's Back to the Eighties Wedding Cocktail Hour Playlist
- Too Shy - Kajagoogoo
- The Tide is High - Blondie
- Do You Really Want to Hurt Me - Culture Club
- If You Leave - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
- Crazy for You - Madonna
- The Promise - When in Rome
- Take My Breath Away - Berlin
- Drive - The Cars
- True - Spandau Ballet
- Method of Modern Love - Hall & Oates
- Rosanna - Toto
- Sara - Starship
- Wrapped Around Your Finger - The Police
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears
- Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins
- Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
- Holding Back the Years - Simply Red
- Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
- Dance Hall Days - Wang Chung
- Need You Tonight - INXS
Recap of This Week's Playlists
Here are our submissions for the week thus far. Check back daily for the latest playlist!
- Alternative Rock Cocktail Hour, Craft Beer (Gregg Ambient). Click here.
- The Quintessentially Mixed Cocktail Hour, Long Island Iced Tea (DJ AQ). Click here.
- Good Vibes Cocktail Hour, Pina Colada (DJ Iron Mike). Click here.
- Head to Shoulder Dip Cocktail Hour, Hairy Navel (DJ Gary G). Click here.
- Retro Soul Cocktail Hour, Ciroc Havana Coconut Martini (Gregg Ambient). Click here.
- Smooth Sail Cocktail Hour, Malibu Bay Breeze (DJ Mike K). Click here.
About Ambient DJ Service
Ambient DJ Service is a full-service mobile NJ DJ entertainment company based in Central New Jersey that specializes in wedding DJ entertainment. Ambient DJ is a 2013 winner of the Knot Best of Weddings award as well as of the WeddingWire Bride’s Choice Award. We have a deep passion for the music that we play and enjoy collaborating with our brides and grooms to create unforgettable parties! For more info and to read our wedding reviews, visit us on the web at www.ambientdj.com.
- Wedding Music Master Class 2014
- 40 Songs for a Reggae Dance Party
- 25 Great Songs Featuring a Trumpet
- 67 Essential Wedding Cocktail Hour Playlists
- Wedding Music Master Class 2013
- Wedding Music Master Class 2015
- 36 Suggested Cakecutting Songs for a Wedding
- Dinner Music Selections for a Wedding by DJ Spinz
- 20 Suggested Mother-Son Dance Songs for a Wedding
- 50 Hot Songs for a 2013 Sweet 16